As you know, we are living through some exceptional events. You surely have personal concerns and many questions about the action plans of the companies serving you. Rest assured that Synagri has implemented preventive measures at different levels to counter the risks of spreading COVID-19. This communication details the measures we have adopted as of today.
To be ahead of contingencies, we offer you an initial action plan to ensure you start the season with peace of mind. We are aware that we must adapt our approach according to your needs and our respective current activities in terms of logistics, with safety as a priority.
MEETING BETWEEN YOU AND OUR STAFF
- All our meetings with you have to be planned in advance to ensure that the hygiene measures recommended by the government of Canada (site), of Québec (site) or Ontario (site) are applied.
- We prefer video conference and phone exchanges in order to avoid all nonessential person-to-person encounters.
WE ENCOURAGE EARLY DELIVERIES TO THE FARM SO THERE IS NO INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR SPRING ACTIVITIES
- We are comfortable with our current stock levels at our various points of service. Without being alarmist, we cannot yet foresee the escalation of the sanitary measures which could be imposed on us if the situation changes in the coming days or months. Proactively, we encourage early deliveries to the farm to avoid any disappointment during spring that could affect your activities.
Common Main Concerns Related to Spring Activities
- Although there is still no impact on the supply chain, the present government measures to restrict the arrival of cruise ships and aircraft, and the announcements to interrupt long-distance trains, could extend to other modes of transportation, as well as the quarantine of merchant ships.
- Depending on the turn of events, our spring operations could be slowed down. In order to overcome this possibility, we strongly recommend that you start your farm supply activities as soon as possible on seeds and fertilizers (Bulk or 1000 kg bags).
YOUR VISITS TO OUR POINTS OF SERVICE
- The same health prevention principles apply, whether we meet you at the farm or during your visits to our facilities.
- Of course, we will continue to welcome you with a smile, but for everyone’s safety. You must respect the planning required in advance of your visits.
TECHNICAL MEETINGS SCHEDULED WITH YOU THIS SPRING
- Our Spring meetings with you have always been a priority for us. However, please note that all of our in-person events are suspended until further notice
EXTRAORDINARY INTERNAL PREVENTION MEASURES AT SYNAGRI
- Employees are obliged to declare the onset of cough/fever/or other flu or cold symptoms to our Occupational Health, Safety, and Wellness Advisor, and to our Human Resources Manager, and not show up at work pending instructions.
- Employees must wash their hands regularly with soap and water or with antiseptic at work (from arrival to their exit).
- The persons in charge of each Synagri establishment must revise the office housekeeping procedures and be sure to pay particular attention to frequented places.
- Synagri recommends that employees who can work from home do so by coordinating their activities with colleagues and superiors.
- Avoid handshakes and hugs during encounters.
- Regularly review and apply hygiene measures recommended by the government of Canada (site), of Québec (site) or Ontario (site).
- For all medical information or any doubt about your health condition, please dial immediately 1-877-644-4545 (toll-free).
- All professional travel outside Canada is canceled until further notice.
- Synagri is prohibiting personal travel outside Canada from March 13 until June 1, mainly due to quarantine measures after a trip (14 days) and to protect the imminent start of seasonal operations of the company.
- Limit travel between facilities or regions.
- For prevention, we asked all our employees who took a trip abroad in the past week, including members of management, to stay home for the next 14 days.
The context has changed, but our commitment to you remains the same. We will support you regardless of vagaries of history as we share with you a unique and privileged relationship that is important to us. We remain present and attentive, ready to rise to the challenge with you.
We will keep you informed of all changes through future communications. We will adjust our actions as information on the situation evolves, and, in the meantime, all our staff are available to answer your questions. If you have comments or questions, you can also write to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to respond as soon as possible.
In my personal name, I commit, with the support of all our staff, to do everything in my power to put the health and safety of all at the forefront of our priorities and to ensure the achievement of your goals this spring.
Sylvain Lavoie, P.Ag., MBA